- GW Home
- About GW
- University Life
- News & Events
- Faculty And Staff
Recent News from GW Today
Colonials Weekend Survey
Nominations For the Parents' Association Advisory Council
Greetings! We hope that you and your family are well and enjoying the fall season. It is time to nominate new members to the 2015-2016 Parents’ Association Advisory Council (PAAC) which is the governing body of the Parents’ Association. The PAAC meets three times annually: in October during Colonials Weekend, in February, and in June during Colonial Inauguration. The Bylaws of the Parents’ Association stipulate that the Advisory Council consists of 30 members and there are currently 14 positions available. You may nominate as many Parents’ Association members as you wish, including yourself. The mission statement, list of accomplishments, and meeting minutes for the PAAC can be viewed on the Parents' Association Advisory Council webpage,
Guidelines for the nomination process are as follows:
· All parents of current GW undergraduates are members of the Parents’ Association and therefore, eligible to be nominated.
· Each year, at least one position on the PAAC will be dedicated for an international parent. All parents and/or caregivers of a GW undergraduate student having the status of an International Student, as defined by Undergraduate Admissions, are considered International Parents.
· If you are nominating someone other than yourself, please obtain their permission.
· The maximum term of office for elected members of the PAAC is three years. The nominee must agree to serve the full term for which they are nominated.
· Only one nomination is permitted per household.
The nomination form can be accessed here. You can submit a nomination online or print a nomination form and return it by fax to (202) 9944441.
Nomination deadline: Monday, November 30th, 2015 at 5pm EST
Nominations posted, voting begins: Monday, December 7th
Voting deadline: Monday, December 21st at 5pm EST
Election results released: Monday, January 4th